Here are the bestest, totally fabulous, funny, cute, poetic and insane tea quotes and sayings plus who said them first. Some of these quotes about tea will inspire you, some will entertain you and others will warm your heart and soothe your soul.
The Best Quotes and Sayings for Tea Lovers
I’ve found these 52 wonderfully marvellous quotes and sayings, that’s one quote for every week of the year for you to enjoy. Now it’s time to pop the kettle and have a read of these…
1. No.1 has to be my favourite tea quote for everyday living. I could live by this quote at any mood on any given day. Tea really is a cure all.
William Ewart Gladstone was a British politician of the Victorian era. He is known as one of Britain’s greatest leaders. Gladstone was famous for his educational quotes and sayings. He was also famous for his many non tea related quotes such as “be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness”
For the best hug in a mug ever, learn how to make deliciously indulgent tea lattes. Tea lattes can be enjoyed hot or iced so there really is a tea for every season!
2. “No matter where you are in the world, you are at home when tea is served.” – Earlene Grey
3. Here is my favourite tea quote for finding inner peace and for meditation. I love how soothing and calming tea is.
Lin Yutang is an influential Chinese writer and author of the book ‘Importance of Living”
Lin Yutang was a Chinese novelist and philosopher and is described as one of the most influential writers of his generation. However, his work these days is a little outdated. Lin Yutang’s quotes and sayings around tea maybe timeless and his philosophies surrounding living a peaceful calm life are inspiring, some of his work maybe considered a little sexiest in this day and age.
4. “When tea becomes ritual, it takes its place at the heart of our ability to see greatness in small things. Where is beauty to be found? In great things that, like everything else, are doomed to die, or in small things that aspire to nothing, yet know how to set a jewel of infinity in a single moment.” – Muriel Barbery
5. “Tea is wealth itself, because there is nothing that cannot be lost, no problem that will not disappear, no burden that will not float away, between the first sip and the last.” – The Minister of Leaves
6. “No matter what is happening in your life, you always offer tea.” – Clemantine Wamariya
7. “Tea time is a chance to slow down, pull back and appreciate our surroundings.” – Letitia Baldrige
8. “Wherever you are drinking your tea, whether at work, in a cafe, or at home, it is wonderful to allow enough time to appreciate it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
9. Here is my favourite morning time tea quote. The caffeine in tea, and the L-theanine helps start the day in a positive way.
Frances Hardinge is an award winning British writer for children’s books, including the bestsellers ‘Cuckoo Song’ and ‘The Lie Tree’. I absolutely love this tea quote, it’s quite possibly my favourite tea saying of all time. Tea really is a necessity for waking up my brain each morning! Anyone relate?
10. “Tea is a part of daily life. It is as simple as eating when hungry and drinking when thirsty.” – Yamamoto Soshun
11. “Tea should be taken in solitude.” – C. S. Lewis
12. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy tea and that’s kind of the same thing.” – Unknown
13. “A cup of tea would restore my normality.” – Douglas Adams
14. “Sir, I did not count your glasses of wine, why should you number up my cups of tea?” – Samuel Johnson
15. Here is my favourite friendship tea quote. Tea can be super social and is a great excuse to get together and chit chat with friends and family.
Chaim Potok, born Herman Harold Potok is a Rabbi and New York Times bestselling author. I love this tea quote so much. It’s rings so true, as having tea with friends is a wonderful way to open up and get talking, chatting or gossiping. After all, afternoon tea was invented as a way to bridge the gap between lunch and dinner with lots of tea and socialising in mind.
If you are interested to read more about afternoon tea, here’s a great new blog article: The Difference Between Afternoon Tea and High Tea
16. “A cup of tea makes everything better.” – Unknown
17. “Some people will tell you there is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C. S. Lewis
19. “Tea … is a religion of the art of life.” – Kakuzo Okakura
20. “I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea.” – Lu T’ung
21. “Tea is one of the main stays of civilization in this country.” – George Orwell
22. Here is my favourite quote for strength and courage. Just like tea, we can be strong warriors too!
Chinese proverbs are expressions and sayings of wisdom, they are to teach us about happiness and personal development. Many Chinese quotes and sayings are about tea, I’m just not sure exactly who said them. Here’s another fabulous similar tea quote to this proverb once said by Eleanor Roosevelt; “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”
23. “Wouldn’t it be dreadful to live in a country where they didn’t have tea?” – Noel Coward
24. “Tea tempers the spirit, harmonizes the mind, dispels lassitude and relieves fatigue, awakens the thought and prevents drowsiness.” – Lu Yu
25. “The path to Heaven passes through a teapot.” – Ancient proverb
26. “While there is tea, there is hope.” – Arthur Wing Pinero
27. “When I drink tea I am conscious of peace. The cool breath of heaven rises in my sleeves, and blows my cares away.” – Lo Tung
28. Here is my favourite tea quote for contentment. Having a cup of tea is soothing and mediative. It’s a great way to reflect.
Arthur Gray is the author of the ‘Little Tea Book’. Another famous quote of Arthur Gray is “Where there’s tea, there’s hope” And I love this because there’s a tea for any occasion!
29. “Yes, that’s it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it’s always tea time.” – Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
30. “The effect of tea is cooling and as a beverage it is most suitable. It is especially fitting for persons of self-restraint and inner worth.” – Lu Yu
31. “I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
32. “Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors.” – Alice Walker
33. “Tea is an answer to most of the problems.” – Unknown
34. Here is my most favourite tea quote to ease daily stresses.
Jonathan Anthony Stroud is a British fantasy fiction writer. He writes popular books for children and young adults. Jonathan Anthony Stroud was quite obviously a tea lover and tea enthusiast! This tea quote is certainly true with me, tea is my daily ritual, my daily routine and I wouldn’t be without it. Did you know that tea contains something called L-theanine. L-theanine can help us to feel more relaxed. If you are interested to read more about this. Here’s a recently blog article; is tea good for reducing anxiety?
35. “Great love affairs start with Champagne and end with tisane” – Honore de Balzac
36. “Surely a pretty woman never looks prettier than when making tea.” – Mary Elizabeth Braddon
37. “This morning’s tea makes yesterday distant.” – Unknown
38. “Ecstasy is a glass full of tea and a piece of sugar in the mouth.” – Alexander Pushkin
39. Here is my favourite tea quote for health and vitality. Tea can be healthy for our bodies and our minds too.
This tea quote is from the popular book ‘Kissa Yojoki How to Stay Healthy by Drinking Tea’
Is tea the elixir of life for you? Tea contains lots of healthy antioxidants that can help fight free radicals in the body which helps us keep younger for longer. Here’s a great blog article that you maybe interested in; is tea anti aging?
40. “My dear if you could give me a cup of tea to clear my muddle of a head I should better understand your affairs.” – Charles Dickens
41. “Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea! How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.” – Sydney Smith
42. “I got nasty habits – I take tea at three.” – Mick Jagger
43. “There’s always time for tea.” – Seanan McGuire
44. “Home is where the tea is.” – Js Devivre
45. And another of my favourite tea quotes for health and vitality!
This famous Chinese proverb tells us of the health benefits associated with drinking tea. Many other Chinese proverbs tell us about tea, life, love and health.
Other common Chinese proverbs include "A smile will gain you 10 more years of life" and "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
46. “A cup of tea is an excuse to share great thoughts with great minds.” – Cristina Re
47. “Life is like a cup of tea. It’s all in how you make it.” – Unknown
48. “There’s something hypnotic about the word tea.” – Dorothy L. Sayers,
49. “When she is unable to avoid the matter further, she makes a pot of tea.” ― Erin Morgenstern
50. Here is my favourite spiritual tea quote. Tea really does help us to become more relaxed, focused and aware.
Honestly, I have no idea where this quote comes from! But I just love it :) Tea warms our hearts and soothes are souls from the inside out.
I’ve googled Patrick Cui but I can’t find any reference. Do you have any details? I would love to hear from you.
51. “Tea is always a good idea.” – Unknown
52. “I must drink lots of tea or I cannot work. Tea unleashes the potential which slumbers in the depth of my soul.” – Leo Tolstoy
Do you have a favourite famous tea quote? Leave a comment below!
Please note that as an affiliate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through links in this blog. This is to cover the running costs of the blog and is at no additional cost to you.
This blog is for information purposes only. It is not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any medical conditions. Always seek advice from your health care provider.